Wednesday, April 1, 2015

why i hate standardized testing



You know those three weeks out of every school year that every single person in the school dreads? When the teachers turn into drill sergeants and you have to sit at your desk for four hours and twiddle your thumbs?

Yep, it's testing season. And my school is officially in crunch mode.

Now, I don't actually hate the testing itself. I'm a reasonably good test taker, and actually kind of enjoy bubbling in all the answers and stuff.
No, what I hate about testing is everything that comes along with it. 

First off, there's the half hour at the beginning where you have to sign the cell phone policy, and listen to the directions, and make sure everyone has pencils. Then once you finally get the dang test started, you can't even breathe without the teacher swooping in on you and threatening you with a zero.

Just, like, chill out, man. 

Then there's those questions on the test that make no sense and none of the answers seem correct. I hate those so much. 

"EXCUSE ME, THIS PASSAGE WAS NOT WHIMSICAL, HOSTILE, LIGHT-HEARTED, OR BROODING. CAN I HAVE A FIFTH OPTION."

Once you get the test turned in, you have the rest of the testing time to either read or sleep or watch the clock tick down do the time when you can finally get out of there. I usually read, but sitting in the same spot for four hours gets quite uncomfortable and ALL YOU WANT TO DO IS CHECK TWITTER BUT YOUR CELL PHONE IS IN A PLASTIC BIN AT THE FRONT OF THE ROOM 

AND IT'S WAY STUFFY IN YOUR TESTING ROOM AND OF COURSE YOU WORE A HOODIE

AND YOU NEED TO USE THE BATHROOM BUT THERE'S LIKE FOUR PEOPLE AHEAD OF YOU

And then, just when you think you're going to lose it, time is up and you can finally leave.

Repeat.

I really don't enjoy testing days.

(except when i have a new book.)

So, do you guys feel the same way? Or can you actually stand it? If you can please oh please tell me your secret.

I've still got a long time before I graduate. 

♡ l e a h


8 comments:

  1. Ugh, I feel your pain. :P
    The tests themselves aren't bad, its just the whole...testing...part. If that makes any sense. xD I've got standardized tests for the next couple days and I'm nervous. :P
    GOOD LUCK THOUGH. HOPE IT GOES WELL FOR YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Testing begins for me today and I'm not looking forward to it. I wish you the best of luck; I'll be thinking of you as I groan about having to leave my iPod at home. Headphones are my only refuge. Now I'll have to socialize. Eww. >_<
    ~Adi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, that test sounds like it would be awful to take--I'll be thinking about you and I will pray that your test will go well and won't be too awful this time :)
    I am very thankful I've never had to do standardized testing (our state doesn't require it for homeschoolers) but I do understand from the other tests I take that they are not very enjoyable :P
    Good luck, Leah! ^_^

    ♥ Shelby-Grace ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shelby Grace you a literally the sweetest person I've talked to. Thanks, love.

      Delete
  4. Eww...ours start in several weeks. I only like them because our school gives us cookies. xD (Don't worry, they're prepackaged)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, cookies! We get animal crackers.
      WE CAN GET THROUGH THIS TOGETHER OKAY.

      Delete