Monday, June 1, 2015

all about me

Lately I've been thinking, and I've realized that you guys really don't know a lot about me.
Sure, you know that I love Taylor Swift and the color pink, but you don't know me.

Well, this post is here to change that.


I felt like these were appropriate.

First and foremost, I am a Mormon and a Christian.


I know I wouldn't be one half the person I am today without my religion, and I am going to stand by it until the end. 
I can't really put into words how much it means to me.
If you want to know more about my religion, you can go to mormon.org.
I love it.



I'm allergic to peanuts. 

Yep, folks, I'm the annoying chick who always has to ask what's in the dessert at parties. I'm not take-one-whiff-and-I-have-to-go-to-the-hospital allergic, but it's pretty bad.
And no, I have never had to use an EpiPen.
Mostly when I have a reaction it's accidental, and I didn't eat much peanut butter. For those reactions, I just need Benadryl. If I go into shock, that's when it's time to break out the EpiPen.

Fun story, once one of my youth leaders said that if she ever got mad at me she would lock me in a room with only peanut butter, so the only thing I would be able to eat was the thing I was allergic to.

She was kidding.
I think.



i LOVE RAIN.

Thunderstorms, specifically, but any rain will do. 
I would go and dance in the rain if my mom would let me. I've jumped on our trampoline before in the pouring rain. Which is actually quite dangerous, now that I think about it. 

 NO REGRETS.


I could spend literally hours on Pinterest looking at ballgowns and dreaming up stories to go with them and imagining how I would look in them.
I plan to be married in a ballgown dress.


i mEAN 
JUST LOOK AT ALL THAT SPARKLY MAGICALNESS
I wanted to be Cinderella as a child mostly because of her dress.
still do actually.




I know I've mentioned loving the classic Disney films somewhere, but I also adore Pixar. The humor is amazing and the animation is gorgeous and they make me cry even though I never cry during movies,

Just...don't ask me about movies...or we'll be here all day.......

That is it for this post, fellow countrymen, but FEAR NOT, because I'm thinking of continuing this as a series. Drop me a comment below and tell me what you thought of it.

And if someone tells you to not eat raw cookie dough, quit talking to them. You don't need that kind of negative influence in your life. 

♡ l e a h

16 comments:

  1. Oh, I liked this. ^-^
    The peanut allergy fact amuses me considering just yesterday we talked about my peanut eating debacle with my braces. xD
    Pixar movies are so gorgeous. Up is one of my favorites. I just adore Russel. <3
    xo Adi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never did tell me how that ended up. xD
      "HERE, SNIPE SNIPE SNIPE!"
      One of my favorites is Dory. "His name will be Squishy, and he shall be mine, and he shall be my Squishy."

      Delete
  2. I loved this!
    Dory. Just. Yes.
    Belle from Beauty ad the Beast was my favorite princess, also because of her ball gown. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I really want to have all the princesses ball gowns, if I'm being completely honest. ;)

      Delete
  3. I'm not allergic to peanuts but my cousin has an awful allergy to them, poor dear. : (
    YES RAIN, I LOVE DA RAIN ESPECIALLY LOUD THUNDERSTORMS THAT ARE PERFECT FOR SCARY STORIES.
    I love Pixar movies. I never....NEVER cry during movies, but I admit...some of them make my eyes....wet...

    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oi, it's not fun. Give your cousin a hug from a fellow peanut-allergy person.
      RAAAAAAAIN AAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUGH
      Pixar movies are legit the only movies that can make me cry. Except sometimes movies about the American Revolution.

      Delete
  4. Love this. :)
    My siblings are allergic to all nuts. And I'm allergic to wheat and dairy. Though I love myself some almonds, but I can't eat them in the house.
    And I need more of these, pronto.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm so glad that if I had to be allergic to something, it's not something that's in everything. Reactions are absolutely terrible.
      Thank you so much! ♥

      Delete
  5. Aw I love this. I also love ballgowns! thats something not a lot of people know about me. I also very much enjoy Pixar films. (a lot more than Disney. whoops...)

    beautiful post.

    also, your blog is super adorable. I love the design:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it was socially acceptable I would wear ballgowns every day.
      Pixar films just have something special about them, don't they?
      Thank you! I rather like it myself. ;)

      Delete
  6. Trust me--I waaay worse about food. I'm allergic to peanuts as well as chocolate and soy. And I'm also a vegan-vegetarian. So I'm pretty sure anyone who's provided food for me--other than close family--has probably wanted to violently murder me at some point in my life. :P

    O | Life as a Young Lady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooooh, if I was allergic to chocolate it would be so hard.
      That's funny, I can just imagine someone surrounded by food and not one thing you can eat. It's so cool that you're a vegan-vegetarian, I have so much respect for that, partly because I know I would do a terrible job at it.

      Delete
  7. This post was epic. You gotta do more. :D
    I'm definitely well-versed in how to deal with peanut allergies. It's something that people need to understand take more seriously, I think, especially with knowing how to use an Epi-Pen. It could save someone's life, after all.
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE RAIN. I was at my grandma's house the other day and it started pouring and I went out in the backyard in bare feet and played outside in it. xD It's just the perfect weather for writing and drawing, too.
    Also Disney Pixar movies are life. *o* Who wouldn't cry during Up? xD
    Excellent post, as usual. <3
    ~Oli



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS LIV.
      It's pretty much the scariest thing ever when you have a reaction and you don't have any medicine. Uuuuugh, don't even wanna think about it.
      RAAAAAAIN. Rain is simply the best weather on earth, I think.
      Crying during up? Psshhh....*guiltily raises hand*

      Delete
  8. I loved getting to "know" you better! (I hope that doesn't sound creepy :P )
    I also love the rain! :D Just not thunderstorms, especially at night--my dog, Oreo, gets super scared and he will scratch nonstop at my bedroom door until I give in and let him sleep with me ;)
    AHHHH PIXAR I JUST LOVE PIXAR. Disney classics are awesome, too, but to me there's just something special about Pixar movies (Up and Finding Nemo are some of my favorite movies ever, hands down)
    Also, I tagged you for the "Blessings In Disguise" Award--I know you were already tagged, so you definitely don't have to do it again if you don't want to :)

    ♥ Shelby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, not at all!
      We just had literally a month and a half straight of rain and going to sleep was really scary. Poor Oreo.
      PIXAR YAS. I really love the Incredibles and Monsters Inc.
      Oooh, thanks! I think I'll just update my last post to include your questions, if that's okay.

      Delete